Saturday, August 17, 2013

August Ipsy/Glam Bag

   The theme of this month's Glam Bag is Glam Academy.  As a teacher who is dreading going back to school, it's not the friendliest of themes, but I guess I'll take it.  This bag was a good assortment of products, but didn't excite me as much as last month's bag.

Here's what I got:



*Noya Vanilla Lip Balm- This product is all-natural, preservative free and not tested on animals.  I have tons of lip balms/chapsticks but as I've been trying to slowly migrate to using more natural products this is a great addition to my collection.

*Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color- This is another brand that I've never tried before.  It's a tad bit dark for my brows so I'm going to see how it works as a brown eyeliner.

*Pixi Lash Booster Mascara- I've seen this brand at Target hundreds of times but I've never used any of their products.  I love getting mascara samples, because they are guaranteed to be samples I always use.

*Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub- This brand is all over Youtube, so much to the point that I've gotten annoyed with it and I've never used one of the products before.  I am excited to try this one out, because I know this is a popular natural brand.  I just hope it's not too harsh or drying for my skin.

*MICA Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Bronze- This actually looks like a super, beautiful shimmery color but I'm such a klutz when it comes to loose pigment that I will probably save this for a giveaway.

The bag this month is a bit cuter than last month's bag, but I wish they didn't put the brand name all over the bag and just left it with the cute design.

I know that different bags come with different products..if you get the Ipsy bag, what did you receive?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by