Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sick Girl Skin Care Tips

  This past week was my winter break.  I was supposed to spend a day at the spa, and many a nights out with my girls.  In reality, I got a few nights out with my girls, before the flu struck.  Today is day 5 of the flu and while I am beginning to feel a bit better, the flu has definitely taken it's toll not only on my health but on my skin as well.
     Here are some skin care tips that I've been using this week to make sure my skin doesn't feel as horrible as I do!


♥ Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize- The flu can be very dehydrating for your body and this includes your skin.  While during a normal day you may only moisturize your face in the morning and evening, moisturize 3-4 times a day.

♥ Vaseline will be your best friend! Use it on your lips and especially around your nose if you've been wiping or blowing a lot.

 ♥ Drink tons of water.  This is not only good for your immune system but for your skin as well.

  ♥ I've been taking a lot more baths and showers since I've gotten sick so I have to lather up my body with more moisturizer as well.  Moisturize as soon as you get out of the shower for optimal results.

 ♥ I've been getting very cold during the evening due to fever, so I used this as an excuse to throw some extra lotion on my feet and sleep in soft socks.

♥ Try to sleep propped up (just as if you were out drinking and partying) so all of the fluid in your body doesn't end up traveling up to your face resulting in puffiness.

♥ Most importantly, just relax and take it easy!  I didn't put makeup tips in this post, because if you have the flu you need to stay home and relax and let it run its course!




2 comments:

K said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!!

lixa maga said...

Now a day, everyone wants a natural cure for acne; because
pimples; blackheads; whiteheads and zits are the most annoying marks a
person always hates to find over his/her skin. I am sure; you would be
having the same feelings. . How soothing it would be to get rid of them.
But unfortunately there is no such acne treatment being discovered so
far. Yet, if you are thinking of going to cure acne naturally, you are
lucky to come with the upright solution.

Let’s know first what acne is?

With inflammatory tendencies, Acne may stem out due to various reasons
on your skin. Out of which most common causes are bacterial infections;
sebum’s over growth; environmental/climatic reasons; hormonal growth and
the genetic order even. Acne not only diminishes a persons’ natural
beauty by leaving marks but also adversely affects self confidence and
self esteem of the particular person.

Let’s learn natural cure for acne:

You must not undermine the precaution side as it is a must to stay away
for acne. You cannot regard a natural acne remedy as a miracle since it
is an everyday task to keep your skin healthy and beautiful.

1. Clean and clear skin is less prone to acne attacks. To avoid any dirt
traces on the skin, it is highly recommended to take 2 showers per day.


fitness

2. Don’t touch your face unnecessarily. If you are an acne victim, any
foreign bacterial approach could lead to more severe outcomes.

3. Don’t let your skin get exposed to sun-rays. There is no doubt that
sunlight is a great natural source of Vitamin D, however too much skin
contact with sun rays will have a negative effect on your skin acne
treatment and you will definitely fail to get natural cure for acne.

diet

4. Drink as much water as possible. Water is not only helpful in keeping
you safe from dehydration but it also keeps your system functioning
smooth by eliminating toxins and other harmful materials. You can’t
imagine how dangerous these materials could be for your skinweight loss, if
concentrated ones.

5. Don’t forget to apply a moisturizer over your skin especially after
showers. Your dermatologist can better guide you about one matching your
skin type. It prevents your skin being dry and rough.

health

By following these 5 simple natural cures for acne rules, you can
better cure acne. A few home methods would be great as well to get rid
of it quickly. For instance, you can get faster results by applying
crushed garlic or castor oil on the pimpled skin. Never forget the value
of your skin as it’s your greatest treasure. Fight back acne and say no
to it as soon as you find even the slightest trace over your beautiful
skin

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.