Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammy's 2013 Trend Report: Fashion Edition

I absolutely love awards shows.  I mainly watch a lot of them for the fashion, but last night's Grammy's was an exception.  I watched the entire show and was highly entertained by all of it!

I was also obsessed with a lot of the dresses.  I think so many of the female artists looked absolutely stunning.  Grammy fashion is usually a bit more funky than a lot of the other award shows, but last night's event was a much classier Grammy show.

Here are some of my favorite looks from the night and how these trends can be utilized into your daily wardrobe or your special occasion wear.  These are not replica outfits, but trends that can be taken from the fashion of the Grammy and used in your own wardrobe.


Katy Perry


Ok seriously, how stunning did Katy Perry looks last night? I don't think there was a guy in the theater last night who wasn't obsessed with Katy's beautiful body in this mint green number.  

The trend that I want to rock from Katy's look is mint green dresses.  I love mint clothing, but I only own tops or bottoms- not an entire dress.  Katy's look has inspired me to go fully mint and rock one of these beautiful mint dresses below.  






Beyonce



I know Joan Rivers might tear Beyonce apart on tonight's Fashion Police, but I actually really liked her look.  I think it was very appropriate based on the fact that the Grammy's requested more subdued looks and I think she looked very classy.

The trend I like from B's ensemble is black and white color blocking.  Color blocking I thought was possibly on it's way out, but B brought it back in stark black and white.  Rock one of those black and white color block tops below with black skinnies or a black pencil skirt for a classic look.







Taylor Swift



Say what you want about T-Swizzle, but I think she is adorable and always looks classy and age appropriate.  This beautiful white dress may be my favorite look of hers yet.  She looked fresh and fun and very etheral but still glamorous.

I know people are saying that white dresses are going to be the new LBD's, and after seeing TSwift look so classic and un-bridal, I may be giving the white dress a spin myself.







Rihanna



RiRi's personal life aside, she is an amazing and beautiful artist.  I love when she looks non-edgy and dresses like the Rihanna she was when she first hit the scene.  This red dress was stunning and the mesh inserts make it sexy with out being in your face.

The trend from this I'd like to rock is actually red mesh.  Red mesh can sound very trashy and lingerie like, but take a peek at these pieces below and red mesh can be subtly sexy and not trashy at all.






No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by