Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 12 Products of 2012

  It's about that time again, time for annual favorites!  I wanted to narrow it down to the top 12 of 2012, because if not this post would just be WAY too long.

Makeup



♥ Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in 220 Nude- This product is just amazing!  I began using it late spring/ early summer and the coverage and finish is just amazing.  It applies beautifully and doesn't oxidize at all.  I'm still using the remnants of the jar now, but since my skin is a bit dry it doesn't look as good as it did during the sweltering summer months.

♥ Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light- I really love how creamy this stick concealer is.  It provides medium coverage and blends out beautifully.  Light is also the perfect color for any girls in the NC20 range.

♥ EOS Lip Balms ( any and all flavors)-  I  have so many of these EOS lip balms.  I think they are all amazing and the flavors/scents are fantastic and so unique.  These are moisturizing and not waxy to wear under a lipstick or stain.

♥ Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee- First, let me say that the lip butters are my favorite products over all this year.  They are creamy, moisturizing and buildable.  This neutral color gives nude lips without looking dead.

♥ Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet- I know- 2 lip butters! I really do love them that much.  Red Velvet provides a deep, brick red color and such high gloss.  This lip color single handedly got me into wearing red lips.  This was my baby step.

♥ Mally Evercolor Automatic Waterproof Liner in Onyx- I love Mally eyeliners, but this one is my favorite.  It's a twist up style softer pencil, but it stays put on the water line and really stays put on the eye after it sets.

♥ Urban Decay Naked Palette- How could I not include this on my favorites post?  Even though I've only had it about 2 months, I use it almost every single day.  The colors are just beautiful and they work very well with green eyes.


Skin Care



♥ The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost/ Primer- This product is a skin care item/ primer in one.  The vitamin c extract in this product helps lighten my acne scars and the reflective particles in the product enhance the skin under makeup.  I love this!

♥ Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask- I love using this as an acne spot treatment.  It really draws out the impurities in the skin and it dries out any acne marks.  It's also super cheap and easy to find which makes it even better!

♥ Trader Joe's Regenerating Antioxidant Moisturizer- This is my daily moisturizer and I think it's fantastic.  It's a natural product, contains SPF 15 and is super cheap.  It provides a great amount of moisture without leaving the skin greasy and it also sinks into the skin very quickly.

Hair


♥ Lush Big Shampoo- I bought this shampoo back in September and after one wash I was instantly in love with it!  It leaves my greasy roots feeling fantastic and I swear using the shampoo extends my hair between washes.  I use this about once a week and it is so worth the money.

♥ Stephen Knoll Collection Hydro Repair Mist Styling Lotion- I got this from a Pamper Me Fabulous Event and I instantly became impressed with it.  It leaves my hair feeling moisturized (not greasy), acts as  great detangler and really helps my hair dry quicker.  It's a bit pricey though, so I don't know if I will be repurchasing after I run out or not.

What are your top 12 of 2012? Please comment with a link if you do this post or just leave a list of your favorite products below!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.