Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review: Beauty Addicts Show Off Mascara

It's been quite a few months since I've received any subscription boxes, but I did have some products from my Glossyboxes that I haven't used yet.  One of these items is Show Off Mascara by Beauty Addicts.  I have extremely sensitive eyes, so I am one of those people who actually abides by the three month mascara expiration rule.  This means I normally only have one mascara open and started at a time.  This explains why I didn't get to this mascara until now.

This Show Off Mascara is available at beautyaddicts.com for $20.  The website description states:
Intense, dramatic lashes with one easy stroke! This unique formula offers volume, length and curl with Argan Oil to condition and protect. The curved brush hugs the natural eye shape to coat every lash while fanning and feathering. No clumps, no flakes, no smudges!





Review:

As you can see from the packaging, this is a messy mascara.  It's very wet and goopy.  That being said it is also SUPER black which I love.  This mascara is really great for lengthening and opening up the eye area.  I even think it curls my lashes nicely (all pics were taken with out prior lash curling).  It's somewhat volumizing, but I really enjoy using this mascara and dragging the outer lashes out even further to give a cat eye like appearance.

I really love the brush from this mascara.  It has a slight curve which makes it easy to apply at the base of the lashes and I guess is what helps curl my lashes so well.  However, the top of the wand collects a lot of product and needs to be wiped several times before applying to the eye area.

Pros:
♥ Super black
♥ Very lengthening
♥ Helps elongate the eye
♥ Contains argan oil
♥ Great brush
♥ Curls lashes

Cons:
-Can be messy
-Easily clumps
-A bit pricey ($20)
-Can be difficult to find

Would I repurchase?: While I did enjoy this mascara, there are too many cons to this mascara for it to cost $20.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by