Monday, January 28, 2013

January Favorites

   January was an INCREDIBLY busy month for me.  Between New Years, my birthday, tons of friends birthdays and a lot of work, I was a very busy but very happy girl in the month of January.  I didn't have a whole lot of time to try new products, but I did discover a few gems and also rediscovered some old products in new ways.



ELF Small Stipple Brush and Wet n Wild Mega Glo in Blushing-  I have had this creamy pink highlighter for quite a few years.  I go through phases where I use it every day and then won't use it for months.  When I began using this with my small stipple brush from ELF it was like love at first sight! This brush provides the perfect amount of product to highlight my cheekbones and the frosty pink color is perfect for my super fair skin.

Mally BeautyUnder Eye Brightener
- I purchased this in my Mally Makeover Kit and it really is fabulous.  When I first used it I was a bit surprised to see how yellow it is, but the brightening effect it has under my eyes is just amazing.  Review is on it's way!

Eyebrow Razor
- I bought a pack of three of these razors from my dollar store a few months ago.  I didn't really use it until I saw this video from April.  I used it on my brows that day and I LOVED it.  It's really great if you have a lot of peach fuzz around your brow area.

The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter
- It's strange, I do not like the taste of coconut, but am very obsessed with the smell of it.  This lip butter sort of reminds me of the Nivea creme in terms of it's texture.  It's very lotion like and in all honesty, wears off your lips pretty quickly, but the smell and texture on my lips is just too divine.

Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream with The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost-  For my birthday a few weeks ago I got my makeup done at my local Sephora (didn't love it).  I noticed that the MUA mixed a BB cream with a primer.  She says this made the ultimate primer.  I had to go home and try this with my own BB cream and primer and I really like it!  It helps to provide a great base layer for my foundation to go on and I feel like I am getting the benefits of wearing a BB cream daily.

Favorite Youtube Video of the Month



This is the simplest hair tutorial, yet I am amazed by it!  I always try to recreate this look and the bobby pins just never stay properly.  This is such a great idea!

Favorite Blog of the Month

I've been really obsessed with fitness tumblers this past month and Funeral For My Fat is one of my favorites.  It's very inspirational and informative at the same time.


Favorite Book of the Month



I am such a Harry Potter nerd, but I can't really call myself a Harry Potter nerd without ever having read the books! I started reading the books in December, and I just recently finished The Prisoner of Azkaban, and it's definitely my favorite to date!





1 comment:

Tammy said...

I can't believe that's your favorite of the month, it's mine too!! I'm actually working on a hair video using the topsy tail. Hair tutorials are hard!! lol

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by