Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gift Guide: Parents/Grandparents

  Sometimes I find relatives the most difficult to shop for.  You want to strike the balance between being sentimental, practical but also fun.  Here are some under $50 options for your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles-really any older relatives you may have.

Moms/Grandmas/Aunts




The Body Shop Soften and Scrub Coconut Set- $15

I really love The Body Shop products and the coconut scent is a universally flattering one.  This set includes bar soap, shower cream, body butter and a loofah.  A perfect little gift set.


Immersion Blender- $47

My mom cooks quite frequently and uses her blender or food processor in a lot of her dishes.  Sometimes these can be a pain to use and especially to clean.  I think an immersion or stick blender is a great gift for anyone who likes to spend time in the kitchen.  This one has a whisk and chopper attachment which makes it even more useful! Truth be told, I kind of want one of these myself!


Cuff Watch- $20

My grandma has started to develop arthritis and this makes it very difficult for her to close the clasps on her watch.  A cuff watch takes away the need to close a clasp and because it's bendable it can fit a variety of wrist sizes.


Hooded Robe- $40

I don't know about where you live, but it gets pretty darn chilly in my neck of the woods.  I love stepping out of the shower, especially after I wash my hair, and wrapping myself up in a nice and cozy robe.  This hooded version provides even more warmth.


Dads/Grandpas/Uncles


Electric Wine Opener- $26

There's something so comforting about coming home and having a nice glass of red wine for dinner.  This electric bottle opener makes that process a lot easier and also acts as an aerating pourer to keep that wine tasting even yummier.


Universal Remote- $12

If your dad is anything like mine, his living room is covered with remotes.  A universal remote can help cut down on clutter and confusion.  Although this version is only $12 it got great reviews.  Check with kind of tv, cable provider, blu-ray player, etc. your relative has prior to buying a remote.


ESPN 30 for 30 DVD set- $20

This is a great DVD set for any sports fan you know.  These documentaries are on a range of sport celebrities and famous sport stories.  You don't need to like a specific sport to like and really learn from this DVD set.

Gifts for the couples (Parents/Grandparents/Aunt and Uncle, etc.)


Instant Scrapbooks

I love, love, love instant scrapbooks.  It's personalized without having to put all of the effort into making a scrapbook from scratch.  The pages are already created and they are just waiting for your photographs and text to complete them.  Check your local Hallmark stores, craft stores and even Home Goods to find different options.


Family Tree Picture Frame- $30

I love this family tree picture frame for your grandparents or older relatives.  Print out pictures in black and white or sepia for even cooler effect.


Family Wall Decal- $30

I love the idea of putting up a beautiful wall decal somewhere in your family's house as a present.  The quotes that you can find are beautiful and they add something so nice and so subtle to your home. 


I ordered one one of these for my Grandma a few years ago and she loves it.  It looks so pretty and elegant and is different than just a regular photo frame.

What are your go to gifts for your parents or grandparents?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was hoping for something i could give that was not a product

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by