Monday, November 19, 2012

Tag: I heart Drugstore

  I think it's no secret that I love doing tags, and I also think it's no secret that I love drugstore makeup!  So to me, it was just a no brainer to do the I ♥ drugstore tag that I've seen going around youtube!

 1. Favorite Drugstore Brand?
I'd have to say Revlon.  It's not only the brand that I own the most cosmetics from, but it's a brand that I can really rely on when I want drugstore face products.  Close runner ups are ELF and NYX.

2.  Favorite:
Face product: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup- Oh, this foundation is just love!  This makes my skin look flawless and the staying power is amazing!
Lip Product: (not pictured) Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée- This nude Lip Butter is beyond amazing.  It's a very subtle taupe nude and the texture and moisture this product gives is just awesome.
Cheek Product: WnW Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink- The pigmentation on these super cheap blushes is nothing short of amazing.  This is a very pretty shimmery pink/coral color.

3.  Least Favorite Product
WnW Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil- I want to like this product so badly, but it just never stays intact for me.  I've tried storing this in the fridge or freezer, thinking it was melting, but every time I attempt to put this product on or sharpen it, the pencil just falls apart.

4.  Best Makeup Bargain
I have to go with my WnW Color Icon Blushes again.  These blushes are only $2.99 and I use them just as much as I use my Mac or Cargo blushes with equally fantastic results.

5.  Favorite Underdog Product
Revlon Photo Ready Concealer-I don't understand why this product doesn't get more love in the beauty community.  I love using this as an under eye concealer and to cover up redness around my nose.  The stick concealer has a surprisingly creamy consistency and provides great coverage.

6.  Drugstore Product That Is Overpriced
I know I love my Revlon foundations, but $13-$14 for a drugstore foundation is just ridiculous!  I always wait for a coupon or Revlon sale to purchase these foundations.

7.  Best Drugstore Dupe
I think the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer is a great dupe for Kat Von D's Tattoo Concealer.  The consistency and staying power is very similar.  However, the color range of the Hard Candy concealer isn't as wide as that of the Kat Von D concealer.

8.  Drugstore Product Not Worth The Hype
I haven't had any luck with the Revlon Super Lusturous Lipglosses.  I don't know if it's the colors I choose or I just get lousy formulas, but they don't show up on my lips and they last all of 30 seconds.

I'd love to see any of you gals do this tag but I'm tagging:



No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.